Introducing LEGO Education WeDo 2.0: The robot that puts scientific discovery in your students’ hands. This curriculum solution includes one LEGO Education WeDo 2.0 Core Set and the WeDo 2.0 software (free download).
Make sure that you check your device and operating system is compatible with WeDo 2.0 software before your purchase. Please be aware of the minimum requirements: https://education.lego.com/en-us/support/wedo-2/software-requirements.
TheLEGO Education WeDo 2.0 software can be downloaded for free fromwww.legoeducation.com/download
For any Q&A please also see the LEGO Education support page: https://education.lego.com/en-us/support/wedo-2
WeDo 2.0 Core Set & Software:
The LEGO Education WeDo 2.0 Core Set & Software builds on the innovative learning experience of the original platform by giving you a new brick set, improved technology and opportunities to meet science standards in a fun, engaging way. Complete with relevant, real-world projects. WeDo 2.0 takes science exploration out of textbooks and places it directly in the hands of your students.
Designed for primary classrooms, the WeDo 2.0 Core Set, Software, and Get Started Project is a hands-on solution that ignites students’ curiosity, while enhancing their skills in science, engineering, technology, and coding. WeDo 2.0 is designed for use on both desktop and tablet. This classroom-friendly technology can support you in making science lessons come to life. The core set is delivered in a storage bin with sorting trays, labels, Smarthub, Medium Motor, motion sensor, tilt sensor, and building elements for two students.
The software includes one Get Started Project, which delivers an introductory experience to the hardware, software, and documentation tool. The desktop- and tablet-supported software provides an easy-to-use programming environment that gives life to students’ LEGO® models.
Key Learning Values:
- Investigating, modelling, and designing solutions
- Engaging students in science by making it real and relevant
- Basic programming skills
- Collaboration and presentation skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
WeDo 2.0 Curriculum Pack: Promote investigation and experimentation with the WeDo 2.0 Curriculum Pack.Built on the latest science standards, the pack aids second- through fourth-grade educators in delivering key science content while incorporating activities across engineering, technology, and computing. Included are the materials for delivering 17 projects totalling more than 40 hours of instructional content across life, physical, and Earth and space sciences as well as engineering. Additional resources such as learning grids aligning activities to key standards and objectives, integrated assessment tools, ideas for differentiation, and classroom management tips and tricks are also included.
Key Learning Values:
- Captures motivation and engagement across key science topics: physical sciences, life sciences, earth and space sciences plus engineering, technology, and application of science
- Develop science and engineering practices, including asking questions and solving problems, investigating, analysing, and interpreting data, creating evidence-based arguments and obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
- Integrates the use of relevant digital tools to improve computational thinking skills
- The projects naturally promote differentiation, enabling educators to meet the needs of all students
- The integrated tools provide opportunities for ongoing assessment throughout all phases of the projects Computer not included.
Q; What platform does LEGO Education WeDo 2.0 software work on? Does it include laptops, desktops and tablets? A:Please visithttps://education.lego.com/en-us/support/wedo-2/software-requirements for the latest update on all compatible devices.
Modern Teaching Aids offers Professional Development Workshops for this product. Click here to find one in your state.