The HUE Animation Studio (HUEKIT1) combines user friendly animation software with the award winning HUE camera. It contains everything you need to make your very own stop motion animation movies. The kit includes the Animation Software, the HUE Camera, a user guide, and 1.8m USB cable. The HUE camera is a multipurpose camera and can be used for stop motion animation, video recording, document imaging, visualiser and video chat.
HUEKIT1 is a combination of the HUE Animation Software single licence and the HUE HD Camera & Visualiser. The HUE HD Camera & Visualiser is also available individually (HUE001). This kit is perfect for kids to encourage creativity and imagination. Whether you are making a LEGO® brick film; animating in claymation or capturing a flower bloom using time-lapse photography, you can bring anything to life in minutes with the easy-to-use software.
The kit includes: – The HUE HD camera, a flexible plug and play USB camera with built-in microphone. HUE’s innovative design is perfect for animation. See specifications below. – The fully-featured HUE Animation software (formally SAM Animation) designed for children by teachers. See specifications below. The HUE Book of Animation, which has step-by-step instructions for creating 20 hilarious stop motion videos and ideas for even more. The videos, sound effects and backdrops are also included on the CD that comes with the kit.
HUE in Education: The HUE USB camera is a cost-effective alternative to a standard classroom document camera/visualiser. Easy to use and portable, this camera is popular with teachers and students throughout the world. The camera is ‘plug and play’ on Windows PCs and Macs and compatible with most video conferencing, streaming and web-casting software i.e. Skype, FaceTime, Google Talk, Yahoo! Messenger and every other major network. It will also work with web-casting services such as uStream.
By connecting your HUE camera to your computer and a projector you can share students’ work, books, experiments and pictures. Use the camera for real time live video and for recording sound and video. The HUE USB camera produces excellent image quality even when projected onto a whiteboard. The built-in microphone allows you to record your presentation or a student speaking about a topic. With its weighted base and flexible neck, HUE can also be used to magnify very small items such as insects, circuit boards and more to share them with the whole classroom. Hue is perfect for free worldwide video chat on Skype, AIM, Yahoo Messenger and every other major network, as well as for recording YouTube videos and making home movies. It’s also very popular in schools as a document camera or visualiser.
The HUE camera for Windows and Mac OS X has a brilliant high resolution picture and great sound through an internal USB microphone. The camera’s innovative and versatile design offers limitless positioning options. Users can leave the HUE in its base or connect the flexible neck directly to a laptop’s USB port for optimal mobility.
Animation in 5 easy steps:
1. Set up: Install the animation software and camera
2. Take pictures: Capture each frame as you move your model
3. Add sound: Record sound effects or import audio tracks
4. Edit Frames: Add text and special effects
5. Play your movie: Then share it on YouTube HUE Animation Software Features:
– Play your movie back – Record or import music and sounds – Add text and special effects – Copy, edit, move and delete animation frames – Share movies on YouTube – Onion skinning – Timelapse – Green screening (Chroma Key) Camera Features: – Records video and sound directly to computer – Built-in USB microphone – Full 360° rotation – Plug and play (UVC compatible) – USB powered – High colour fidelity – Special background effects (Windows) – Special lens effects (Windows) – 10x zoom (Windows) – Face tracking (Windows) – Adjustable brightness/contrast (Windows) – Software interpolated 12 megapixel still image capture (Windows) System Requirements: – Compatible with Windows 8, 7, Vista and XP – Supports both 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows 7 and 8 – Certified for Windows Vista and fully tested on Windows XP – Compatible with Mac OS X 10.4.3 (Tiger) or later – Universal Mac compatibility: works with both Intel and PowerPC Macs – Compatible with Linux (UVC drivers required) – 128 MB RAM (256 MB RAM recommended) – Available USB port (USB 2.0 recommended, USB 1.1 compatible) – Microphone requires a compatible sound card and speakers (recommended 16 bit or higher) Technical Specification: -5-layer antiglare optical lens – Video format: MJPG, YUY2 – Viewing angle: 73 degrees – Focus range: 5cm ~ infinity – Low barrel/pincushion distortion and focus variation at edges of visual field – Video resolution (interpolated): 1600 x 1200 (10 fps real time), 1024 x 768, 800 x 600 (15 fps) – Video resolution (native): 1280 x 720 to 160 x 120 (30 fps) – Supports lower rates (0-30 fps contiguous) – Accurate (+/- 0.25 FPS) video frame rate even in low-light environments – Microphone features noise reduction/cancellation – Microphone sampling rate: 8000/16000Hz – Microphone sampling accuracy: <5 PPM