Create your own video games with hands-on creativity, while learning about design logic, computer science and coding. Bloxels brings STEAM into the classroom, by integrating design thinking processes with creative storytelling, art, history, science, mathematics, and much more, by learning about these topics through the games they create. Bloxels is a hands-on, brains-on, creativity and technology experience.
STEP 1: Imagine
STEP 2: Build
STEP 3: Capture
STEP 4: Customise
STEP 5: Play
Each set consists of 5 game boards, 2000 blocks (400 per board across 8 colours), and 5 strategy guides. Each colour of the blocks has its own function to create captivating stories-turned-into-video games! You will also get access to the online educators hub, whichhelps educators organise & integrate Bloxels into their classroom while supporting them from the beginning to end. This allows you to focus on teaching goals and classroom experience versus the preparation involved in implementing a new tool in your curriculum.
Compatibility: iOS 9.X & up, Android OS 4.2+ & up, Kindle OS 4.2 & up. Only compatible with devices with rear-facing camera.
- Create maximum student engagement by letting them do something they love – creating computer games – and combine it with creating a deep understanding of coding, design logic and computer science
- Designed with blocks, a universal element of childhood play, Bloxels cultivates imagination while encouraging collaboration and critical thinking
- Players are challenged to put down their screens and think strategically in the physical world before transitioning their game to digital
- Create and manage student accounts, save work and track progress for easy classroom management
- Product support, lesson plans and activities, challenges and rewards, a video library covering Bloxels in the classroom will give you all the support to hit the ground running from day one
- With activities which can be scaled, Bloxels is appropriate for all grades. Plus it encourages collaboration and critical thinking!
- The ultimate STEAM tool by using technology, art, storytelling, spatial awareness, and
design to create video games that they can share with the world.